Friday, June 15, 2012

Challenge 201

Patricia here, and excited to share with you our next set of challenges.  

Challenge #201A "It's a Good Life" by One Republic
This song is part of my walking playlist.  It's a fun, happy song.  Now that I've found the video to go with the song, I want to watch it all the time.  I think there is lots of inspiration to be found in the song and maybe even in the video.



Click here to see the lyrics.

Take a look at what the Design Team did with this song:


I knew I wanted to do a mini-album with the title of the song.  Wasn't sure what pictures, not until our trip to the beach recently.  I took apart an Amy Tangerine book, then stitched it inside the Heidi Swapp resist folder.  I had a lot of fun with this little project.

I really like this song (and the fun video), so I had to scrap it after we got home from our Families with Children from China summer camp weekend! I love this picture of Anne with her counselor!

Michelle
It's the simple things in life that make me the happiest.  This photo I took of Michael when we were on one of our neighborhood walks is the perfect example of why I feel we have such a good life.  To be surrounded by nature like this on a daily basis is pure bliss!

This phrase of the song just let my mind spin around aging...Journaling says: In former time you were lucky your phone fitted in your bag and you had a working net and the battery lasted long enough.
Now we are talking about taking picture with megapixels, videos and app. How old do we get.


When I'm on holiday in the beautiful Prince Edward County region I'm always thinking that living there must be a good life. That's what my journaling is about.


Challenge 201B Prompt:
Most Memorable Summertime Song.  Whenever you hear it, what are the memories that come back to you?

Here's what the Design Team did:


Every time I hear the song, Sugar Bear or Some Saved My Life Tonight, by Elton John, it makes me think about that summer of 75, hearing it play on the car radio as we drove to the YMCA.  I downloaded the cover of the single from the Internet.  The layout I created with the picture has been picked up by Scrapbook Trends and can be seen in their November 2012 issue.

Sharon

One of my most memorable summertime songs is "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin.  My parents would take us to the NJ shore every summer.  We didn't have a lot of money, so sometimes we would just go down for a day with a packed lunch.  But it didn't matter - we loved it so much!  They really liked Bobby Darin and this song brings back a flood of wonderful memories!


Now it's your turn.  Show us how the song, lyrics, or video for "Good Life" inspire you.  You can create a layout, art journal page, even a card.  Whatever you like to create.  Or does the prompt inspire you to create something?  Choose either or both.  Leave a comment with the link to your creations by midnight on June 27th.

Can't wait to see what you create!