Monday, October 15, 2012

Challenge #208


Hiya!  

Phinner here to bring you Challenge #208 at Scrapping the Music!   

#208A

Your song to art, should you decide to accept it, is Iridescent by Linkin Park.  


I think this is the perfect song to reflect a moment on the precipice where a life changing decision or choice is to be made.  Of course, you are encouraged to interpret the song in any manner that you like : .)




Here are the design team projects for Iridescent :


Every time I hear Iridescent, I think of my friend Esther.  I couldn't choose just some of the lyrics to work with because I feel all of them apply to her situation, so I typed them out and printed them to use in the background.  (Inspired by the first piece I did as a participant at Scrapping the Music and Van Gogh's Starry Night.)

My piece is in honor of her and the challenges she faces every day, battling breast cancer.  




Herma
The journaling says:  In 1986 we were on summer vacation in Austria , when I saw this white water river near Murau, Carinthia .





Most of the time I love my job.  But on those days when everything seems to have gone wrong, I love to walk to this place after work.  By the time I get here, all of the frustration of the day seems to be gone.  I can just let it go . . .




A 12th grader in my town died suddenly on Tuesday night after falling off of a bridge while skateboarding.  My town is very small -- 6000 people.  We are all stunned.  I created this watercolor in memory of this fine young man.  The lyrics seemed very appropriate.

#208B

For your prompt, you are challenged to choose a song to art that brings out the rebel in you!!! What immediately comes to mind is Rebel Yell by Billy Idol!  Or maybe one of the songs from the Transformers or Matrix series of movies.  

Here are the design team projects for this prompt:

Linda
My most current rebel moments occur when I hear this song on the radio...Pound the Alarm, by Nicki Minaj.  I could take or leave the lyrics (EXPLICIT!). Its the music and the bass beat that moves me!  I always hear it in the car on my way to or home from work, and I just have to bop in my seat! 


Herma
Title: ‘in aktie’
Get up, stand up for your rights! Yeah, this is me, at the start of Occupy Utrecht last year J
The journaling says:
October 2011, a meetup to join Occupy Amsterdam, but there were many votes to start Occupy Utrecht. The tent camp was set up next to town hall.
But there was a lot of violence against them.  July 2012 the Occupiers left because they even have been attacked by a knifed drunken idiot. The police showed up after 2 ½ (!) hours. And the police station is just a 10 minute walk from there…
The tent camp is gone but Occupy Utrecht still exists!


"For What it's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield was the ultimate protest song of the 60's and 70's to me.  I still feel like a rebel whenever I hear it today.
Here's the link to the video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY



La Vida Loca, by Ricky Martin, brings out the wild girl in me!  The lyrics describe a woman who's strong, brazen and a little crazy -- and it's fun to pretend!




Now it's your turn! 
Show us how the song, lyrics, or video  for  "Iridescent" by Linkin Park inspire you!  You can do anything (a layout, art journal page, altered project, card) that you are inspired to create!  Or does the prompt inspire you?  You can chose either or both!  
Link us up to your creations by midnight on Monday, October 29, 2012.


We're looking forward to see what you create!!!